- Laundry Soap-I make my own using Zote soap, Borax and Washing soda
- Fabric Softener-a small ball of crumpled foil cuts static cling, and some essential oil on a washcloth adds a bit of fragrance to the dryer...but I want to put up a line to dry
- Toilet bowl cleaner-as FlyLady says, soap is soap! http://www.flylady.net/d/br/2012/05/15/what-is-swish-and-swipe/
- Paper towels-I use microfiber cloths for most cleaning jobs
- Toothpaste-I use a Rotadent, which does not require toothpaste, but I do use baking soda once in a while and rinse with peroxide.
- Haircuts-hubby cuts his own (shaves it with clippers, no guard), I cut our son's and my own (with guards). I don't use hair dye anymore, either.
- Broccoli-I planted some last fall and we won't eat store bought anymore!
- Strawberry Jam-again, I made some and we won't go back!
- Peanut butter-see #9
- Hot Cocoa Mix & Marshmallows-see #9
- Chocolate Syrup-see #9
- Pancake & Waffle Mix-see # 9
- Yellow Rice -see #9
Apparently there are a lot of frugal bloggers blogging about things that they no longer buy. http://christine-mary.blogspot.com/2012/05/10-things-we-dont-spend-money-on.html
I figured I'd add mine to the mix!